Data Protection Information
ROSIN is a project of the Fraunhofer IPA and aims to amplify its impact by making ROS-Industrial better and even more business-friendly and accessible.
When you use this website, we process your personal data as data controllers and save them for the duration required to fulfill the defined purposes and legal obligations. The sections below provide further details about the data this involves, how they will be processed and which rights you have in this regard.
Personal data, as defined by Article 4 (1) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) include all information related to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. Scope of this DocumentThis data protection information shall apply to the project website located at https://websites.fraunhofer.de/rosin/ and all services we offer in context with this project as web services or mobile app providing we refer to this data protection information.
2. Name and Contact Information of the Person Responsible for Data Processing (Controller) and of the corporate Data Protection OfficerController as defined in Article 4(7) GDPR:
zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
Hansastraße 27 c,
for your Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA, Nobelstrasse 12, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
(hereinafter referred to "Fraunhofer IPA")
You can reach the Data Protection Officer at Fraunhofer at the above address c/o Data Protection Officer or at email@example.com. Please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer directly at any time with your questions concerning the Data Protection Law or your rights as data subject.
3. Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of Data Processing
During your Website VisitYou can access our website without having to disclose the details of your identity. The browser on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website (e.g. browser type and version, date and time of access), for the sole reason as to allow a connection with the website. This also includes the IP address of your requesting terminal device. It is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and automatically deleted after 4 weeks.
The IP address is processed for technical and administrative purposes of connection set-up and stability, in order to guarantee the security and functioning of our website and to be able to track any illegal attacks on the website, if required.
The legal basis for the processing of the IP address is point (f) of the first sentence of Article 6(1) GDPR. Our legitimate interest ensues from the said security interest and the necessity of the unobstructed provision of our website.
We cannot draw any direct conclusions about your identity from the processing of the IP address or other information in the log file.
Furthermore, we place cookies during the visit of our website and use analytical services. For more information about this, please see Sections 4 and 5 of this Data Protection Information.
4. Transfer of Personal Data to Third PartiesWe only forward your personal data to third parties if:
- You consented explicitly pursuant to point (a) of the first sentence of Article 6(1) GDPR,
- The data transfer is necessary pursuant to point (b) of the first sentence of Article 6(1) GDPR for the performance of a contract with you,
- We are legally obligated to transmit the data pursuant to point (c) of the first sentence of Article 6(1) of GDPR.
The transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU or an international organization shall be excluded.
5. CookiesWe use server-side cookies. Cookies are small files which are automatically created by your browser and stored in your device (laptop, tablet, smartphone or similar device) once you visit our website. Cookies do not harm your computer, and they do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malware.
Cookies contain information pertaining to the specific device which accessed our website. However, this does not provide us with direct knowledge of your identity.
The data obtained with the help of cookies help us pursue our legitimate interests and serve the legitimate interests of third parties pursuant to point (f) of the first sentence of Article 6(1) GPDR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you are able to configure your browser in such a way that the application does not store cookies on your computer or that an alert appears before storing new cookies. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may prevent you from using all of the functions on our website.
6. Social Plug-insWe use social plug-ins (media buttons) on our website. These are small buttons. Click on them to place the content of our website under your profile in social network sites.
If you click on such a button, a link will be established between our website and the social network to which you subscribe. Aside from the respective content, the social network provider will receive other personal information. This includes the information that you are visiting our website right now.
For integrating the social media button we use the Shariff Solution. This solution developed by Heise and c’t prevents your device from creating a link to the social network merely because you visit a website featuring a social plug-in button without clicking on it. This means that a link is established only if you click on the social plug-in button.
We integrate the following social plug-in on our website:
a) Twitter International Company: share on TwitterSome information is transferred to the US parent company Twitter Inc., headquartered in the USA. This company complies with the data protection regulations of the US Privacy Shield and is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Commerce.
Please find more information on Twitter’s data protection in Twitter’s Data Protection Statement .
Integration using the Shariff variantWe integrate components (videos) of YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA (hereinafter “YouTube”), a company of Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View CA 94043, USA, (hereinafter “Google”) in our websites. The implementation is based on Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR; our legitimate interest in that case is the smooth integration of the videos and the attractive design of our website.
Our websites use a solution that prevents the establishment of a connection to Google simply because you visit a site with an integrated video, without activating the video. This means that information is transmitted to YouTube only if you actually click to view the video.
Google complies with the Data Protection Regulations of the U.S. Privacy Shield and is registered with the U.S. Privacy Shield Program of the U.S. Department of Trade.
8. Your Rights as a Data SubjectYou have the following rights:
- Pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw at any time any consent you may have given to us before. The consequence of this is that we may no longer continue the respective activity.
- Pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to obtain information on your personal data which we have processed. In particular, you have the right to information on the following: Purposes of data processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or is disclosed, the planned storage periods of data, the existence of a right to the correction, deletion, restriction of processing and objection, the right to appeal, the right to know the origin of your data in the event that we did not collect these data The right to meaningful and detailed information on the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, relevant information on the details thereof;
- Pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, you have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data and/or the completion of incomplete personal data stored with us;
- Pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to the erasure of your personal data unless the erasure interferes with the execution of the right to free expression of opinions and to information, with the compliance with legal obligations, is necessary in the public interest or for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
- Pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest or challenge the accuracy of these data, the processing of the data is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of these data and we no longer need the data while you still need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or you have raised an objection against the data processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- Pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand to transmit those data to another data processing controller and Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Generally, you may find such authority at your place of habitual residence, your workplace or our company domicile.
Information about your right to object pursuant to Article 21 GDPRYou have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data, pursuant to point (e) of Article 6(1) GDPR (data processing for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest) and of point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR (data processing on the basis of legitimate interests). This shall also apply to profiling as prescribed by Article 4(4) GDPR, which is based on this provision. Once you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. To the extent that your objection addresses the processing of data for direct advertising, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a specific situation is not required. This shall also apply to profiling in as far as it relates to such direct advertising. If you would like to assert your right to object, an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will suffice.
10. Data securityAll your personal data are transmitted in encrypted format, using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) standard. TLS is a secure and proven standard that is also used, for instance, in online banking. You will recognize a secure TLS connection by the additional s after http (i.e., https://..) in the address bar of your browser or by the lock icon in the lower part of your browser.
In all other regards, we use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction, or the unauthorized access of third parties. We continuously improve our security measures in accordance with the state of the art.